Thursday 5 March 2015

Updated: Tribesports product review with £10 off voucher code

I was lucky enough to win £100 worth of Tribesports vouchers in a recent Facebook competition. I've been meaning to try some of their products since becoming aware of them through their partnership with parkrun and reading about their credentials in Runners World magazine recently.



The £100 voucher went a long way; a short-sleeved top, capri tights, shorts and "runderwear"; briefs designed specifically for running; all came in at exactly £100 with free delivery on orders over £45. The product range is currently relatively limited but the colours and styles are all fine and the prices are reasonable.

For £10 off your next purchase of £50 or more click here.



The items were dispatched and delivered quickly, and whilst there is always too much packaging with sportswear deliveries, there didn't seem to be the excessive labelling that some products come with (Nike take note!) 
I really loved the colour and fit of this top and it was comfortable to wear. I ordered the small as advised and it was a great fit - clinging but not feeling tight at all. The length was also great - I really hate those too short tops as I am long in the body, but this sat at exactly the right point. The only downside and a surprising one was how much the sweat showed up on the top after my run. I'm not embarrassed by sweat particularly, it's perfectly normal (although I think I sweat a bit more than the average woman!) I know that it bothers some women though. It won't stop me wearing and enjoying the top though.

The reviews on the website suggested that the fit might either be a little loose on the waist or potentially tight on the calf, but I opted for the Small anyway and I'm generally very pleased with the fit. They are a smidge tight around the calf but I think that's better than being too loose there. The fit around the waist it very comfortable and the fabric feels soft and looks lovely - not at all shiny and quite flattering. The pocket is a decent size too. I'd buy these again.

In the interest of full disclosure I will admit I've not yet worn these for a run or race, although I have tried them on. They were very comfortable, a flattering length and fit, and the "under-shorts" would give me extra confidence too. I'm looking forward to wearing these and might give them a test run at parkrun on Saturday.

I feel vaguely embarrassed talking about my underwear on such a public forum, but suffice to say I prefer this style of underwear but have struggled in the past to find running-specific underwear that isn't a full brief. I did a longish run in these and from the moment I put them on I felt they were a great purchase; very comfortable, soft and no seams to irritate. I will definitely buy these again and in the meantime they may have to be saved for race or long run days! I love the name and the packaging too - perhaps they'll give me super-powers!



Overall I'd describe myself as a Tribesports convert and I'm very much looking forward to getting my parkrun 100 t-shirt when they're ready #ownyourmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment